Incredible benefits of the lemon are backed up by science. The fruit of the lemon contains promising cancer-fighting compounds called limonoids. The fruit of the lemon—but not the stems or leaves—contains promising cancer-fighting compounds. Research shows limonoids can cause apoptosis, a process that causes cancer cells to commit suicide. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22056335c
Lemons are one of the most concentrated food sources of vitamin C on the planet. Here are just some of the amazing science facts about lemons:
1. Lemons are known to be effective for helping control your weight
2. Lemons are known to break down calcifications especially kidney stones because greater concentrations of citric acid moreso than in oranges and grapefruit.
3. Lemons are rich in vitamin C which reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.
4. Lemon oil reduces 99.96 % against airborne bacterial pathogens including meninggococcus, typhoid bacili, Staphylococcus aureus, Pneumococcus, diphtheria and tuberculosis
5. Lemons improve the delivery of oxygen to cells.
Lemons are also used as a flavorant, for cooking, and to treat scurvy along with a variety of other ailments.
Other benefits include flushing out toxins; accelerating wound healing; curbing high fever; preventing and treating infections; neutralizing stomach acids and cleaning and toning the skin. These healthy maintainance benefits for the body are worth consideration when deciding to incorporate lemons into one’s daily lifestyle. Benefits for usage are as simple as as just adding one or two drops of the lemon essential oil into a capsule as a dietary supplement. As a household staple lemons are commonly known to flush out bad bacteria, prevent dehydration, boost mood, aid in digestion and control blood pressure.
Young living Lemon Essential Oil is 100% therapeutic. A.Mie University study found that citrus fragrances boosted immunity, induced relaxation and reduced depression. (Koman et al., 1995). It is no wonder that this yellow fruit should be a necessary household grocery item.
When using Young living Lemon Essential Oil in application: Dilute 1 part essential oil with 1 part V-6 vegetable oil; (1) apply 2-4 rops on location (2) apply on chakras and/or Vita Flex points, (3) inhale directly, (4)diffuse or (5)take as a dietary supplement. It is important to remember to avoid applying to skin that will be exposed to sunlight within 24 hrs.
Make lemon a part of your daily diet—so you feel better…look better…and function better.